Have a ring camera for home or office security and ring camera offline but still recording. What to do, how to turn the camera online. Therefore, Ring camera might have technical faults likewise wifi is not connected, low battery power, and not communicating with base station. Check all the “Hardware and Software” and follow the further steps are given below:
- Your network name or password may have changed.
- When you have updated your ring device but your device is not capable of it. In this case, connect to the older non-updated one.
- Also look into the breaker box. The fuse may have blown and you may now need to reset your device at the breaker.
- When you are using floodlight camera device, which is connected to a switch or a timer, make sure it is ON and working properly.
- There may be loose wires also. When you are checking this problem and rewiring, make sure to connect all wires properly.
How do i get my ring floodlight camera back online?
Resetting a floodlight camera is a very simple thing to do. Resetting your ring floodlight camera will delete all its previous data. You can reset it in the simple steps given below-
- The first thing is to ensure the power supply or the batteries. The batteries may have got discharged.
- Once you have charged your batteries, find the reset button on top of the device.
- Click and hold on this reset button for 30 seconds.
- Now look at the light after clicking the reset button at the bottom of the camera.
- The light will flash for some time which would mean that it is restarting.
- Now your ring floodlight camera has restored its factory settings.
Steps to fix Ring camera offline issues
Get camera offline to online again with easy technical steps. This is a technical error that mostly all users face. We have given a brief description as to how you can solve this problem.
- Ensure that your camera is connected to a properly working power supply and has a proper Wi-Fi connection.
- Check that your Wi -fi is not connected to any other network or has no obstruction in its connection.
- If both the above issues are working properly then plug it OFF and then switch it ON after 30 seconds.
- After this you will see that your device and the router has restarted itself.
Why my ring camera keeps going offline
- Now bringing your camera near the router.
- It may be other things also that may be causing an obstruction like the walls, floors, concrete etc. try to minimise these obstructions if you can.
- Check network interference also. There may be many networks near the place you are living. You can change the channel on your router.
- Compatibility value should be 2.4 GHz to be compatible with other networks.
- You may have placed other objects like television, microwave etc. too close to your router. Try moving your router away.
- Check that you have updated your firmware to have a better connectivity. Try to upgrade to to the latest firmware from your app.
- If you have installed more than one camera, try to change positions between them.
- It may start working well where the other one was placed. This will let you know if camera location is an issue.
- You are recommended to switch off your router once a month for 30 seconds and then switch it on again.
- You are also recommended to factory reset your camera every month. This can also solve the problem of the camera going offline again and again.